Calling All Graphics Designers! MMAFigs.com Announces A New Contest!
Design a Banner for "PC with PD" and Be Featured on MMAFigs.com!
In the same vein of the first-ever MMAFigs.com contest, MMAFigs.com launches its second contest designed to once again promote an area of the fanbase that doesn’t get nearly as much credit as it deserves: graphic/banner makers! Many talented artists are out there making great banners simply because people are requesting them, but on MMAFigs.com we’re taking it one step further. So here are the details for the second-ever PDW-run MMAFigs.com contest!
To start, this contest is to see who can create the best banner/logo/title card for the official podcast of MMAFigs.com: “PC with PD”, an MMA “news and views” podcast hosted by MMAFigs.com’s own administrator, PdW2kX. Featuring all the latest MMA news as well as specialty topics like “PDW Predicts”, “PD Looks Back”, and “TUF Talks”, “PC with PD” is a bi-weekly podcast with new editions out every Tuesday and Friday. PC with PD recently celebrated its 30th episode, has over 4,000 combined views, and has never once been posted late. But in all this time, it has never had a banner of its own, instead relying on a black version of the MMAFigs.com banner. But that is about to change!
The rules of the contest are simple, and are as follows.
1. Size is not an issue, so make your banners as big as you want.
2. Since this is a podcast focused exclusively on Mixed Martial Arts, you can only use images related to Mixed Martial Arts. Aside from that, anything is fair game. UFC, PRIDE, WEC, any organization, any time period, even officially-licensed MMA video games.
3. Only use images, no animated GIFs.
4. The only text that should be visible on your entry should be “PC with PD”, without the quotation marks. It can be of any size, shape, and color, but it must be featured prominently on the banner.
5. All entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries can be sent as an e-mail attachment or linked to from a photo-hosting website.
6. The deadline to this contest is May 22, 2010.
The winner will have their banner chosen as the official banner of PC with PD, and will be seen in every edition of PC with PD from that point onward. The winner will also be credited in the video description area of each new edition of PC with PD for their hard work, including any website he or she may have. As an added bonus, PdW2kX will also personally interview the contest’s winner in order to highlight both the winning entry and its author in a headline article on MMAFigs.com.
But don’t worry if you’re not picked as a winner! Several “runner up” banners will be chosen and will ALSO be featured in a MMAFigs.com article, complete with credit to the person who made them! Determination of who gets into the “runner up” article depends on how many entries are received, and the quality of those entries.
MMAFigs.com wishes all entrants the best of luck, and we look forward to highlighting the graphics design community!